Search This Blog

Monday 29 August 2011

Head Mess

It never seems to be organised in there... my head that is.
For years now hormones I think have been playing up there, making me confused, upset, sad, happy, flirty and sometimes just plain sad. I don't know what's going on. Decided to visit the Doctors, and yes my estrogen is low. But I'm assuming there must be a huge boost of it, while I'm having my period, as that seems to be the only time I feel half decent, unconfused and nice and flirty.  The rest of the time I just feel downright bored, scared and every now and again anxious and panicky. I lose all interest in everything, going out, being with friends, work, even enjoying a hobby. Then I start to panic about illness, something wrong with me, get headaches, stomach aches, constant neckache.
There's nothing really that can be done, as replacing some of the lost estrogen with pills will interfere with other medication I take.  I've wondered if it's early menopause, as I've never had this much hormonal imbalance before, only over the last few years. The Doctor seemed to dismiss this straight away, and I've already been checked for polycystic ovaries and it's not that.  So I'm just left hanging in there, getting on with it.
The worst part for the OH... my sex drive most of the month is pretty much zero, not even a flicker... just feel too tired and unsexy, the thought never even crosses my mind.  It's fucking things up big style as far as the reltionship goes, and there just seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. We just seem to exist together, I love him to bits, but he just misses the closeness we used to have, and I've no idea where it's gone or how I can get it back, I don't miss it as such.. I just don't even realise it's gone. Somewhere there has to be some answers, something to make me happy again, less angry, less irritable and more me, the old me from about 15 yrs ago.

No comments: