Search This Blog

Friday 25 February 2011

Scratching The Itch

Caught me at work this time! I put my Messenger on, basically because I left my phone at home.  But unsuspecting me got caught by Fling.  A pleasant surprise as I'd not heard anything in a while and always good to know he's doing alright.  But FFS, I should have known better than to try and hold a decent conversation.  It's not about decent conversations, it's about the indecent ones! I try to think of all the sayings that describe the situation and condition I find myself with.
He is a bit like an itch that you can't stop scratching. You think it's gone, then right when you're feeling more relaxed, more calm it's back and causing you grief.
Or you could compare him with a theme park ride... you know you shouldn't and it will be scary, you'll feel sick, but you'll have to keep going again, and again because the adrenalin rush it gives you is just so amazing.
I wonder if there is any type of patch to break the addiction?... will I end up having to go cold turkey?

No comments: